MQ Batch Toolkit Overview
The MQ Batch Toolkit v2.0.4 application allows users to manipulate, monitor and manage messages in a queue of a WebSphere MQ (formally MQSeries) queue manager from a command-line or shell scripting environment.
MQ Batch Toolkit is an excellent tool for developers, programmers, quality assurance testers, and production support personnel who want to do backup and recovery of messages, stress testing of applications, replaying of messages, searching (grep) a queue for a text string, etc..
MQ Batch Toolkit can run on any platform that supports Java v1.4 (or higher). This includes: AIX, HP-UX, IBM i (OS/400), Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2 Warp, Sun Solaris, Windows 95/98/ME and Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7. MQ Batch Toolkit is able to connect to local queue managers (residing on the same box) or to any remote queue manager.
The remote queue managers can be on any platform that supports distributed queuing including: AIX, HP-UX, IBM i (OS/400), Linux, OS/2 Warp, Sun Solaris, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 and z/OS (OS/390).
MQ Batch Toolkit has been designed to support Java's Multi-Language environment. It supports for the following languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish.
- MQ Batch Toolkit supports SSL for connecting to remote queue managers.
- MQ Batch Toolkit supports 3rd party security exit for connecting to remote queue managers.
MQ Batch Toolkit contains 33 separate functions grouped into 7 categories:
- Backup a Queue to a single file
- Restore a Queue from a single file
- Retrieve a list of queues (with Current Depth, Queue Type, IPPROCS & OPPROCS)
- Find a text string (i.e. grep a queue)
- Clear a Queue
- Clear a Queue by Message Id, Correlation Id or both
- Clear a Queue by Time
- Clear a Queue by Matching String
- Insert messages (optional formats: binary, string, Pub/Sub (RFH) or JMS (RFH2))
- Copy messages
- Duplicate messages
- Forward messages (optional stripping of the Dead Letter Header)
- Delete messages
- Import messages (optional formats: binary, string, Pub/Sub or JMS)
- Export messages to 1 or many files.
- Read messages and display any MQ header (i.e MQMD, MQRFH, MQRFH2, MQDEAD, MQCIH, MQIIH, MQXMIT, MQHSAP & SMQBAD)
- Read messages in a Hex display
- Read messages in an EBCDIC Hex display
- Report generates a document (PDF, RTF or HTML) from one or more messages
- The Channel Monitor will continuously monitor the channels of a queue manager and output the channel information to a CSV file.
- The Event Monitor will continuously monitor the event queues of a queue manager and output the event messages to a log file.
- The Queue Monitor will continuously monitor the queues of a queue manager and output the queue data to a CSV file.
- The Queue Stats Monitor will continuously monitor the queues of a queue manager and output the queue statistics to a CSV file.
- Get an email message and put it on an MQ queue as an MQ Message
- Send an email using the contents of an MQ message
- The CheckUp tool will verify that attributes of MQ objects are valid and exists. CheckUp scans queues, channels, namelists, processes and queue manager attributes and uses over 20 rules to verify attributes of MQ objects.
- The PortScan tool will scan a range of ports for a given server looking for a queue manager's MCA, using the standard (system default) channel names, in order to make a successful connection.
Stress Testing Tools:
- The Get Server will continuously consume messages from a queue and show statistics of its current state.
- The Put Server will put messages to a queue. It can be used to stress test a 'Server Component'
- The SIM Client will continuously send 'request' messages and wait for a reply messages.
- The SIM Server will continuously consume messages and for each incoming messages, send a reply message(s).
Queue Manager Access Profile:
- Add a Queue Manager
- Alter a Queue Manager
- Delete a Queue Manager
- List a Queue Manager
The MQ Batch Toolkit application is a shareware product. The free trial period is for 30 days (no nag screens). All features are available but you are limited to 1 queue manager.
|Product||Price (USD) *||Ordering|
|MQ Batch Toolkit (Single license)||$99.00||Buy Now|
* Volume discounts available for as low as $74.00 USD per license.
- Each licensed user will receive:
- Full version of MQ Batch Toolkit (no expiration date)
- Email/ Help Desk support
|Other MQ Batch Toolkit Licenses:|
|Site License*||Site License* for MQ Batch Toolkit sells for a MSRP of $10,000 USD. A site license will allow a company to have unlimited number of people use MQ Batch Toolkit at ONLY one site or complex.|
|Enterprise License*||Enterprise License* for MQ Batch Toolkit sells for $25,000 USD. An enterprise license will allow a company to have unlimited number of people use MQ Batch Toolkit at an unlimited number of locations.|
* Plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee.