MQ Channel Throttler Overview
The MQ Channel Throttler v1.0.2 (MQCT) provides the ability to control/throttle the number of connection calls, open calls and/or messages (or bytes) that flow over a channel. MQCT operates with IBM MQ v6.0, v7.0, v7.1, v7.5, v8.0 and v9.0 in Windows, Unix, IBM i (OS/400) and Linux environments. It operates with Sender, Receiver, Server, Requestor, Cluster-Sender, Cluster-Receiver and Server Connection channels of the MQ queue managers.
MQCT is a simple drop-in solution that provides throttling for MQ queue managers. The throttling can be configured for queue manager to queue manager channels or for client application to queue manager channels.
- Queue manager to queue manager throttling means all messages (or bytes) flowing over a channel between 2 queue managers will be throttled.
- Client application to queue manager throttling means application-level connection calls, open calls and/or messages (or bytes) flowing between a MQ client application and queue manager will be throttled.
MQCT can be used to throttle the following MQ API calls: MQCONN, MQCONNX, MQOPEN, MQGET, MQPUT and MQPUT1.
The MQCT can be configured as a channel message exit or as a channel send/receive exit.
On IBM i, Linux, Unix and Windows, MQCT can be configured and used with a non-default installation of MQ in a multi-install MQ environment.
Throttle Exit Summary
- The exit is available in 3 forms:
- Windows DLL (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Shared library for AIX, HP-UX, Linux and Solaris
- IBM i (OS/400) exit module
- The exit major features are:
- Can be configured as either queue manager to queue manager or client application to queue manager solution
- For both modes, all message data flowing over a channel can be throttled (controlled)
- Easy to set up and configure
- No application changes required
- Standard MQ feature, GET-with-Convert, is supported
- Provides high-level logging
- The server-side exits are provided in the format of a native DLL / shared library and are currently available for AIX, HP-UX, IBM i (OS/400), Linux, Solaris and Windows. The pricing of Capitalware's MQ Channel Throttler solution is on a 'per queue manager' basis.
|Operating System||MQ v6.0, v7.0, v7.1, v7.5, v8.0, & v9.0|
|AIX v6.1, v7.1 or higher||64-bit|
|HP-UX IA64 v11.23 or higher||64-bit|
|IBM i v6.1, v7.1 or higher||64-bit|
|Linux on POWER||64-bit|
|Linux on System z (zSeries)||64-bit|
|Solaris SPARC v8, v9, v10 & v11||64-bit|
|Solaris x86_64 v10 & v11||64-bit|
|Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10||32-bit & 64-bit|
|Product||Price (USD) *||Ordering|
|MQ Channel Throttler (per license**)||$299.00|
|Yearly maintenance and support fee||15%|
* Volume discounts available for as low as $199.00 USD per license plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee.
** MQ Channel Throttler is licensed on a per queue manager basis.
- Each licensed user will receive:
- Full version of MQ Channel Throttler
- Free updates / upgrades to any version 1.x release.
- Email/ Help Desk support
|Enterprise License for MQ Channel Throttler:|
|Enterprise License for MQ Channel Throttler sells for $55,000 USD plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee. An enterprise license will allow a company to have unlimited number of queue managers use MQ Channel Throttler at an unlimited number of locations.|